Welcome to the MBM Lab! We utilize fundamental advances in polymer chemistry to develop safer and more effective medical devices. Our research includes basic and applied work to fabricate and characterize biomaterial scaffolds with improved healing outcomes.
Some current areas of focus include:
- Hemorrhage control
- Crohn’s fistula healing
- Wound healing
- Shape memory polymers
- Degradable scaffolds
- Antimicrobial scaffolds
We are part of the multidisciplinary BioInspired Institute at Syracuse University.
- Welcome to our new Ph.D. student, Ernest, and to our new 4+1 B.S./M.S. student, Sam.
- Congratulations to Dr. Du on successfully defending her dissertation!
- Jessica presents her REU work at the summer symposium
- MBM Lab hosts ESTEEMED rotation students.
- We spent the day at Green Lakes State Park for our 2023 MBM Lab Fun Day