Welcome to the MBM Lab! We utilize fundamental advances in polymer chemistry to develop safer and more effective medical devices. Our research includes both basic and applied work to fabricate and characterize biomaterial scaffolds with improved healing outcomes.
Some current areas of focus include:
- Hemorrhage control
- Crohn’s fistula healing
- Wound healing
- Shape memory polymers
- Degradable scaffolds
- Antimicrobial scaffolds
We are part of the multidisciplinary BioInspired Institute at Syracuse University.
- Congratulations to Dr. Vakil on his successful dissertation defense!
- Welcome to our new undergraduate researcher, Emily Labour!
- Sapaydia presents her research at the Summer Undergraduate Research Symposium
- Congratulations to Dr. Henry Beaman on his successful dissertation defense!
- Paddling Trip for 2022 MBM Lab Fun Day