Welcome to the MBM Lab! We utilize fundamental advances in polymer chemistry to develop safer and more effective medical devices. Our research includes both basic and applied work to fabricate and characterize biomaterial scaffolds with improved healing outcomes.
Some current areas of focus include:
- Hemorrhage control
- Crohn’s fistula healing
- Wound healing
- Shape memory polymers
- Degradable scaffolds
- Antimicrobial scaffolds
We are part of the multidisciplinary BioInspired Institute at Syracuse University.
- Caitlyn honored with Research Achievement Award from SU Biology department
- MBM Lab awards at SFB highlighted in Syracuse University News
- Maryam receives SFB STAR award and Caitlyn receives honorable mention
- Maryam and Anand earn 1st place in the SFB Biomaterials Education Challenge for the SU SFB Student Chapter
- Anand and Natalie win 1st and 2nd place in the Dr. Rena Bizios poster awards from SFB’s BioInterfaces SIG